Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado
The Colorado Mini Timeless is the revival of a phase race for juniors that began when you look at the 1980s using the Red Zinger and Coors Classic Stage Races. To learn more about the original Red Zinger Mini Classic, please see Wikipedia and Facebook. The originial Mini Classics helped introduce the professions of Bobby Julich, Jonathan Vaughters, Clark Sheehan, Ruthie Matthes, Colby Pearce and many various other cycling legends. Check out the great photos on Facebook!
The 2014 Colorado Mini Vintage includes the SM U23 Category,
and contains the nation's greatest designation for junior events!
The peaceful, small-town of Silt, CO will again host this current year's event. Silt is situated on I-70, 14 miles west of Glenwood Springs. The Silt neighborhood and Garfield County have actually undoubtedly accepted this event - our company is extremely lucky to be dealing with such great folks!
The Colorado Mini Classic is co-promoted by Altitude Cycling Sports in addition to bike Racing Association of Colorado, with assistance from American Cycling the USA Pro Challenge. Be sure to update your BRAC membership before visiting packet pickup!
"it is rather satisfying having an A-level junior race in Colorado.
I have ridden the classes and realize they've been exciting, difficult and certainly will accommodate large fields. The Mini Classic is one of very few quality races i understand of this is junior-focused.
Thank-you Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado and Two streams Cycling!"
- Laurel R, Junior Racer
The following is a timeline for the 2014 occasion:
Friday, May 16 - 11:59pm Early Bird Registration Ends
Wednesday, May 21 - 11:59pm Registration Closes
- Pre-registration closes on usacycling.org. There's no day-of enrollment for the Mini Vintage.
Saturday, May 24 - Packet Pick-up, Time test, Pizza celebration
- 8am - Noon - Packet Pick-Up - Holiday Inn Express.
- 1pm - 3pm - Time Trial - brand new training course close to the Holiday Inn Express.
- 6pm - 8 pm - Pizza Party for Racers and Families.
Sunday, May 25 - Criterium
- 8:00 am Criterium - The 2014 criterium is a location in downtown Rifle - details will come shortly.
Monday, might 26 - roadway battle and honors - 10am - 4pm
- A truly AMAZING roadway competition site that is based away from Veteran's Park in Silt! Our more youthful racers will tackle the 14 mile loop featuring challenging climbs, rolling mountains, a fun descent back in city, and every lap functions a trip down the "Roller Coaster". Our older racers can get a new, longer program that includes even more climbing, more rollers, and much more scenic views regarding the valley and Grand Mesa. You've got to see it to trust it!
- 3 Awards Waves - Awards Party in Veteran's Park. Food, drinks, music and enjoyable for all! The first award service is going to be right after the next wave starts. Similarly, the 2nd revolution honors may be shortly after the next trend begins. The final wave honors will undoubtedly be provided as quickly as possible following the road battle finishes.
The break Inn Express in Silt is a valuable lover and will again be our Race Headquarters. Create your bookings now before it fills up, and be sure to mention "Mini bike Vintage" to get a discounted price.
Information for Last Mini Classics
2014 Mini Classic Technical Guide- has maps, instructions, points schedules, race day schedules, rules, pretty much everything!